Jen of Painted Fish Studio tagged me to “open the 6th picture folder on your computer, open the 6th photo and blog it. write something about it. then tag 6 more people to do the same.”
This picture was taken in October 2004. Our first year at Applebutter weekend, a friend’s longstanding family tradition of making applebutter over an open fire in a huge copper pot. We were one of around 6 families there for the weekend. The weekend went something like this:
- Arrived Friday night to peel, core and chop bushels upon bushels of apples.
- Woke up Saturday morning to start the fire and get the pot on.
- Sat by fire and took turns stirring.
- Enjoyed a lovely fall day outside.
- More stirring.
- Let kids and dogs frolic and run until they fell into a heap.
- Canned applebutter in a mad dash assembly line.
- Ate, drank and were very merry!
A fantastic weekend was had by all. Lizzie was 4 1/2 and Joshua was 2. They both look so little in this picture. Joshua was so blond! On a day like today, when it feels like they will never grow out of the needy, whiny, or sassy stages, it is good to be reminded that they really do grow up so fast.
Thanks, Jen, for prompting this little stroll down memory lane.
Now, it’s your turn:
I have the feeling a couple of you may have already done this, but I’m forgetful and too lazy to check. If so, please disregard.