Upon picking the big kids up from school
- Me: Did you guys watch the inauguration?
- Joshua: Yep. Listening to Barack Obama almost made me cry. Tears were, like, coming into my eyes.
While listening to the news on the drive home
- Me: President Barack Obama! Sounds good, doesn’t it?
- Sarah: Sarah watch ‘rack Obama Miss Sheryl house. I want watch ‘rack Obama again!
Singing songs at bedtime
- All: I feel better, so much better, since I lay my burdens down
- Sarah: (points to her eye) Sarah go doctor, eye feel better (in reference to a doctor visit to check for pink eye)