I’ve been reading:
- Persuasion Jane Austen
- Plain Truth Jodi Picoult
- Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society Mary Ann Shaffer
- Wench Dolen Perkins-Valdez (a friend from high school!)
- Pride and Prejudice Jane Austen
- I just started reading Jane Eyre.
I’ve been knitting:
- socks for the Mister (insert rant about the size of his feet here)
- thrummed mittens for me – This is actually attempt number 2. I ripped out the first mitten because I was too chicken to do the afterthought thumb. These instructions are less intimidating, but I still prefer the look of a gusset.
I’ve been quilting:
- two crib size quilts for my nephews – Finished them last week and mailed them today. Yay!! I ended up machine binding. I had quilted too close to the edge, so didn’t have the room to attach the binding for a hand-stitched binding. Honestly, I could spend a lot of time pointing out the flaws or beating myself up about the fact that I didn’t hand quilt them, but I’m going to refrain. They were made with boat loads of love and I think they are pretty cute. Do you hear that Inner Perfectionist?!?
- the second thrummed mitten (as soon as I get more roving)
- maybe a sweater
- quilting the lap quilt that I started two years ago
- possibly more Jane Austen, but I’m open to suggestions